photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Job Perks

One of my many, many job perks is the opportunity to be surrounded by sneezing, coughing, sniffling teenagers everyday. Oh the joy! I am a huge germophobe, so I have a gargantuan economy sized bottle of Purell next to my desk. I disinfect my hands after I touch anything my students have come in contact with. It's a bit extreme, but you would do it, too. Anytime one of them coughs or sneezes inside the room, I secretly freak out and hold my breath. After all, germs spread in a nine foot radius following a sneeze or cough. You knew that, didn't you?

Anyhow, Purell will only go so far. I have been sick at home for the past few days and I am sure that I can thank one of my students for this wonderful gift.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

I have two words for you.
LYSOL SPRAY.

mrsplainjane said...

hope you are feeling better-that late summer cold seems to really be going around. I totally understand about the Purell ;)

amy said...

I can totally relate!! My 4th graders are quite germy... my hands are beyond dry from all the Purell I use everyday! ha! :) Hope you're feeling better.