photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, December 28, 2007

Best New Look of 2007

I've always loved Reese Witherspoon. She is one of the few actresses in Hollywood who seems grounded and genuine; like someone who would be a great friend. She's always been pretty, but she showed us a new, streamlined version of herself this year after splitting from Ryan Philippe.

Her new hairstyle inspired me to get bangs this summer. While that may not be a big deal to most, it was a huge step for me because I'd worn my hair the same way for so long. Here are two of my favorite Reese looks of 2007. Both gowns are Olivier Theyskens for Nina Ricci.

Reese and Ryan in 2006



Reese debuted her new look at the 2007 Golden Globe Awards.








Reese at the 2007 Academy Awards in a stunning amethyst ombre gown








4 comments:

Things That Inspire said...

Reese Witherspoon is a class act! The purple gown she wore was one of my favorite gowns of that particular event. Have you seen the Van Cleef & Arpels necklace she always wears, the one with the clover shape? I would love to own one of those!

Unknown said...

Yes, I know exactly which necklace you are talking about! She always wears it with jeans, a black top, and black flats.

I would love one of those necklaces, too! Apparently Van Cleef & Arpels is suing Heidi Klum for copying their clover shape for her jewelry line.

Tricia said...

I love Reese. I love her image and style. She just screams classy. I am also a big fan of Katie Holmes...not so much her crazy hubbie, but Katie is also such a classy girl. I love the shapes of the clothes she wears. Sculpted jackets, wide leg pants, classic flats. She just always seems to put together and comfortable. I try copy her and Reese's style (you know, minus the bajillion dollar acessories that I can't afford!).

Things That Inspire said...

Paloma - check out my year end post - I picked one of your posts as one of my favorites of the year.