photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Where Does It All Go?

So, while we're on the topic of TV Chefs, I thought I would address a question I have been pondering for quite some time. Where does it all go? I am a big fan of Giada De Laurentiis. I think the girl can really cook, she's Italian, speaks Italian, and has an easy-going, fun-loving personality. I love Everyday Italian ( I got the most AMAZING turkey recipe from this show)and Giada's Weekend Getaways, in which she combines two of my great loves, travel and food. Has anyone ever seen Giada eat something really good, specifically chocolate? She gets so much joy out of it! It seriously cracks me up as she makes noises and says "Mmmmm!!". She seems to eat all kinds of great stuff on her weekend getaways, yet she stays so thin. How does she do it?



Let's move on to Exhibit B: Padma Lakshi of Bravo's Top Chef. Now, I don't really know what Padma's food is like as I really only know her as a judge on Top Chef. I'm not really a big fan as I think she is kind of snide. However, it's impossible not to notice her gorgeous, model good looks. So, back to my point. Where does it all go? I don't see any evidence of short ribs, pasta, chocolate, or cheese on either of these girls!

4 comments:

Things That Inspire said...

Yes, I must admit, I prefer when a chef looks like they really eat all of the food that they cook! Barefoot Contessa and Nigella Lawson are perfect examples. But, Giada is gorgeous and I have heard great things about her recipes.

MrsKatherineA said...

I bet that's literally the only time they eat - think how busy they must be - being all gorgeous and talented and successful! Love them both - those photos of Padma are incredible!

franki durbin said...

I've often pondered this mystery of the world. Much like Padma on Top Chef, so lithe, so lean - so stunning! And yet she loves food. Can it be she only eats the one bite? Must be good genes, portion control and a fabulous metabolism. She is gorgeous in every sense of the word. Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I too am leery of women who cook for a living, but never seem to gain an ounce. If they are really eating the food that they cook, shouldn't there be some evidence of that? Never trust a skinny cook, that's what I say.