photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Style Icon: Sarah Jessica Parker


This will be the first installment in my new Style Icon series in which I will post about my different style icons, people whose sense of style is inspiring to me.

I've chosen to start with Sarah Jessica Parker because her name is synonymous with style, due largely to the fact that she starred in Sex and the City. I'll be honest with you. Though I find Carrie's complete love of fashion and willingness to take risks (sometimes they paid off, other times, she looked slightly ridiculous), I prefer Sarah Jessica's style over Carrie Bradshaw's.


SJP's style tends to be very casual while living her day to day life. Normally, she is photographed running errands in New York in jeans and a tee, like in the picture below.

I don't find her casual style to be very inspiring, but I always love the choices she makes when she hits the red carpet.

Here, SJP takes the little black dress in a new direction. She wore this sexy Calvin Klein dress to the Vanity Fair Oscar Party in 2001.


Several different looks at different awards shows in 2004.
I absolutely love the grey Chanel Couture gown on the left. The color is divine! She said she chose it because it reminded her of The Empire State Building. You've got to love a girl who loves New York! The green dress is Oscar de la Renta. I'm inclined to say the ivory gown is Valentino, but I'm not positive. Any ideas?

Here she is with Kristin Davis in a fabulous Chanel gown at the 2004 Emmys.


In a perfect pink Chanel confection at the 2003 Emmys


I love this little striped dress she wore to the premiere of Matthew Broderick's Deck the Halls movie.

For more of Sarah Jessica on the red carpet, watch this video:


7 comments:

katiedid said...

She recently got named by someone as the "unsexiest" woman of the year. Sooooo not the right choice here. She always has a great fashion sense. There are many many others that could have much more claim to that title.

Material Girls said...

I agree with katiedid- I heard that someone named her unsexiest also- that's crazy! She has great style and I think she looks pretty good for her age!!

Anonymous said...

That title made me angry. I suppose only women with fake boobs and plastic faces are sexy.

Unknown said...

I completely agree with you girls! The title is completely mean-spritied and she does not deserve it at all. She may not be classically beautiful, but I think she is very attractive.

Tricia said...

The thing that I love most about SJP isn't the typical beauty, and, yet, she is still known for her style and attractiveness.

acaligurl said...

she looks smashing in that 2001 pic in the black dress.
i love her style. all of it. plus she just seems so darn nice. can't wait for the movie to come out.

Larisa Donciu said...

oh, a real style icon, she is my favourite