photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, July 27, 2009

Summer Splendor: Alys Beach

When I first laid eyes on Alys Beach, I think my jaw must have hit the floor. The gorgeous community on Florida's Emerald Coast seems like something out of a dream. The development feels more like a small, idyllic Mediterranean village. The surreal beauty of the homes' exteriors is matched by an abundance of thoughtful architectural details and beautiful interiors with global influences which make for a design lover's dream. I can only imagine how much fun it would be to decorate one of these beauties.

The official Alys Beach website describes the green community as such:

"An oasis of luxury with a distinct Mediterranean feel, Alys Beach is the crown jewel of Florida’s Emerald Coast. It is a beach community founded in New Urbanism and built to exacting standards for the utmost in luxury living. It is a tranquil escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Alys Beach is a reminder that what once was can indeed still be. It is a life of balance, a life of beauty, a life of simplicity, a life of grace. Alys Beach is a life defined.
Located along Florida’s Gulf Coast, Alys Beach boasts one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. With a carpet of sugar-fine sand descending into crystal-clear waters, this stretch of Gulf Coast is unmatched in beauty. Zoning laws preserve the pristine beach and keep it clear of the billboards and storefronts that litter ordinary beach towns. The Emerald Coast is so clean and well preserved that it has been certified as a Blue Wave Beach by the country’s only environmental-certification program for beaches."


Are you hooked yet? What I wouldn't do to have one of these gorgeous homes! By the way should serve as an example to new home builders. People want more details, whether they be specific to a particular period or region (except for Tuscany, please!) along with thoughtful architectural features. Normally, I am pretty good at editing the images I use in a post to a select handful to avoid bogging down my readers, but I couldn't help myself in this post! There were too many beautiful images not to post, so I hope that you will enjoy them as much as I have.

Fonnville Press is a Bookstore / Coffee Shop

There are several parks in the development, including Central Park, pictured here.

Club House

Club House
The Poolside Bar- Check out the gorgeous tile!

The Caliza Pool

Inspiring Exteriors:




















Beautiful Interiors:



































There truly are so many inspiring features in every space, both indoors and outdoors. I love that everything is awash in white, yet feels so warm and inviting. I can just picture myself preparing breakfast in one of the beautiful kitchens while listening to the waves crashing in the morning, reading a book on one of the lovely terraces, or hosting a fabulous cocktail party in any one of these gorgeous homes. Be sure to watch this short video to get a lay of the land and see more of Alys Beach. Also, there are plenty of vacation rentals available if you are looking for the experience without the commitment of buying a home or you can also host your wedding at this beautiful locale.

17 comments:

Jill said...

Amazing, isn't it?! I just read an article about Alys Beach in Garden and Gun magazine this past Saturday.

Carrie said...

I just returned yesterday from the beach. My family has a house right down the street from Alys. It is truly beautiful. There is a lot left to build but so far I could not seem to stop my morning jog from exploring the streets! The pool area is one of the most amazing designs there!

Unknown said...

Oh, Carrie that sounds wonderful! I would love to see it all in person.

Lovely Little Nest said...

OH wow, I particularly love the poolside bar and the bedroom (second one from the bottom)!

Mica Perez Cataletto said...

What an interesting take on "Spanish" architecture. You have the mission silhouette and even a dash of moroccan tile work. This is a modern Grenada. Thanks for the lovely pictures!

The Blushing Hostess said...

That is not far from here. Why am I still sitting down?

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

That complex is simply stunning! It does look like it's from Greece or somewhere on the Med Sea. If you hadn't said it's in FL, that's what I would've guessed! Those homes are dreamy..

TERI REES WANG said...

Ooh, we could really live Lively here!

..it looks like a nice spot for the Honeymooners too.

Southern Aspirations said...

I'm trying to remember where I first learned of Alys Beach. It is absolutely stunning (well, the photos I've seen. I've not seen it in person... yet). Everything a new beach community should be.

Megan Lee said...

Wow- amazingness! I think I could manage to find some relaxation here :)

LifestyleBohemia said...

It looks heavenly. I will definately add it to my wish list of places to visit :)

Anonymous said...

Check out the beautiful home by the Musso Design Group in Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles July edition.

http://www.atlantahomesmag.com/Atlanta-Homes-and-Lifestyles/July-2009/Ideal-Escape/

Paula Grace Designs said...

Gorgeous and green! What a wonderful find. Love the photos. Nice work!

alison giese Interiors said...

I think they hit a home run with this master-planned community - so unique. {swoon}

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

The tile on that bar is beyond incredible!

Courtney said...

Wow! Beautiful place! I definitely want to visit!

mary said...

Alys Beach is incredible. It truly has one of the most beautiful pools in the world with those magnificent curtains in the entry. Restaurant Georges is wonderful - try the scallops and the fish tacos.