photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, May 17, 2013

Fabulous Room Friday 05.17.13

This week’s fabulous room is this gorgeous sun porch by one of my all-time favorite designers, Eric Cohler. The room is part of the Adamsleigh Showhouse in Greensboro, North Carolina which Traditional Home sponsored. The house opened last month, coinciding with High Point Market, but unfortunately, I wasn’t able to go see it in person.

This room exemplifies why I am such a fan of Eric’s design work. I love the way in which he mixes classic and contemporary as well as his appreciation of bold color and patterns. His work is always beautifully layered, sophisticated, and chic while feeling fresh, never stuffy.

{First, I am completely obsessed with this gorgeous parchment and brass coffee table from Pearson. Isn’t it chic? I also love the shape of the sofa and the fact that Eric selected a bright, playful ikat for the French chair. He mixes styles and time periods so well. There are several bold patterns in this space—the chair, the screen, the rug, and the striped ceiling, but they all work quite well together and don’t compete for attention.}

{How incredible is this striped ceiling? His Star Flush Mounts are the perfect accent! I noticed that Eric also included a couple of other pieces from his lighting collection—the Rome Floor Lamp and Caged Table Lamp in the sun porch.}

{Image No. 1 via Traditional Home | Images No. 2 and 3 via Apartment Therapy}

8 comments:

Thehouseofhampton said...

Yes, I agree it's pretty fabulous ! Pure perfection. I'm loving the ceiling.

Sharon

Christina said...

Wow, love the ceiling! Amazing..
www.olivedoesthecity.com

Laura Dro said...

I love the ceiling as well! Wish I had the guts to do that! Black and white is pure perfection!

Have a great weekend!

Laura

www.lauradrodesigns.blogspot.com

Tobe | BIA said...

you had me at the coffee table. gorgeous space!

Pearson Company said...

Thank you for choosing Eric's room for your FRF feature!! He did an AMAZING job of making Pearson furniture & fabrics look "Cohler-ized" for the Showhouse. What a fresh space!

Great post, Paloma!

Preciously Me said...

STUNNING!!! And this coffee table is to die for ...!
Just pinned it!
Thanks for making my day and have a great weekend!

Carol Maryott said...

What a ceiling ! Such a dramatic design statement !

Anonymous said...

Please tell me...where is the brass candlestick from on the coffee table? It's so chic and unusual.